- Beer: Right now it's Baltimore Beer Week and there's a lot going on for that. Of course, if I was still in a position to go out on a regular basis, I'd be posting up at Elliott's Pour House for the week.
- Winey: Apparently it's wine season. Boordy is having its annual Autumn WineFest every Sunday in October from 1 to 5 PM. Plus, the Maryland Autumn Wine Festival is taking place next weekend, the 16th and 17th in Salisbury and the 2010 Reggae Wine Festival is on at Linganore in Mt. Airy the same weekend. Lots of choices!
- Pink: Throughout October, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, Sullivan's Steakhouse is offering a special "Palate in the Pink" menu - three courses for $39.95, $5 of which will be donated to the Susan G. Komen foundation. Last year the restaurant raised $170,000 for the foundation, which is pretty great.
- Bivalves: Next week is the first annual Downtown Baltimore Oyster Week - a concept that I am firmly, firmly behind. Sixteen restaurants are participating this year, offering tons of different oyster dishes.
- Famous: On October 21st, the Celebrity Chef Tour, benefiting the James Beard Foundation, will be at the restaurant in the Baltimore Renaissance Hotel. The celebrities involved include, among others, Jennifer Carroll, who was one of my favorite Top Chef contestants ever.
- Sustainable: The next "Fresh Thoughts" dinner at the National Aquarium will take place on November 16. The focus of the Fresh Thoughts series is on sustainable seafood (perfect for the Aquarium, right?) and the chef on November 16th is Tamesha Warren, of Top Chef fame.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Going on around Town
It's still fall, so things around Baltimore are still busy, busy, busy. Unfortunately, since I was so busy last week, I missed announcing a ton of great stuff that took place last weekend. I don't want that to happen again this week - so here it goes (click on the links for more information about each event):