Thursday, September 30, 2010

Old School Thursday: Angels, Arrows & Beer Edition (aka "College Edition")

Today is National Mulled Cider Day and on a (very) rainy day closing out an unseasonably warm September, it feels pretty appropriate. It might not be cold outside, but it is miserable. Today is also St. Jerome Day – he is the patron saint of librarians and students, which makes it seem like a good day to visit the library cafĂ©.

In historical news, today is the birthday of William Wrigley, Jr (1861). Wrigley is best known for his chewing gums and his advertising (and his field). I also think of Wrigley in one other context: his wife were in the same sorority as I am (Pi Beta Phi) and our symbol, the arrow, became the Wrigley logo. Supposedly, at least.

Also today, in 1982, the TV show Cheers debuted. I don’t remember the debut, since I was six, but I do remember watching the very last episode, which aired my senior year in high school (1993).

So today, chew a little gum, have a beer for Norm and Cliff, and stay inside with some mulled cider. Seriously. It is a mess out there.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails