Monday, May 24, 2010

New (to Me): Steak Tips from the NewBridge Cafe

I've never been to Boston, but I've been assured that I'd love it. After all, it's got that colonial America thing going on, like a bigger version of Annapolis and Williamsburg, the two towns where I've spent most of my life. Plus, it's got better food than either of those places.

This weekend, a little bit of Boston came to me, when Bill's parents, sister and brother-in-law, and their kids came to visit. They actually all live in New Jersey, but Lizanne and Dave (the sister and BIL) used to live in Boston and are back from a recent visit. Back with gifts of the edible sort. Specifically: steak tips from the NewBridge Cafe.

They described the cafe as a little neighborhood place in Chelsea...a neighborhood place that happens to sell this one thing that is absolutely amazing. Every time they visit Boston, they pack an empty cooler, just so they can fill it with steak tips to carry back to Jersey. Fortunately, on this trip, they carried them all the way to Baltimore.

I wasn't really sure what to expect when I saw the bowl of steak soaking in a dark brown-red sauce, but the Wneks assured me that I wouldn't be disappointed - and they were right.

The sauce is a mild and sweet barbecue and the tips themselves are super tender, possibly thanks to the sauce they soak up for days.

If I ever happen to find myself in Boston, I know one stop I'll be making.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails