Friday, May 07, 2010

Heading Out

We are on our way to Nags Head this weekend, to visit my brother's college roommate and his family. The weather should be nice and I'll be blessedly internet-free for a few days, which could not make me happier.

To get in the mood, I've been browsing pictures of outdoor rooms. How perfect would it be to have a cocktail (margarita, I think) on this lanai:
Or a meal with Poppy Montgomery in her outdoor dining room:
And how jealous am I of the people who live in this space? I would love an indoor/outdoor room like this, but it's just not practical in Maryland.
This, however, would be totally practical in my backyard. It looks simple, too, but it's Martha, so I'm sure the simplicity is deceptive:

[Photo credits: Pics 1 & 2 from Elle Decor. Pic 3 from Coastal Living. Pic 4 from Martha Stewart.]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails