Thursday, December 10, 2009

Old School Thursday: Drink by the Drink Edition

While there are no food-related historical events of note today, it is National Lager Day, and I’m sure we can all celebrate that. And when you’re celebrating, be sure to toast St. Eulalia who, besides being saddled with quite a name, is the paton saint of sailors, mariners, and rain.

Normally I complain just a little about the randomly generated “national days,” but not today. I can’t think of anything better than recognizing sailors with beer. I myself have been sailing about a zillion times with my dad and I can say with almost complete certainty that every time we’ve been out, he’s had at least one beer. It’s only natural.

So cheers, everyone. Especially all you sailors out there.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails