I'm feeling pretty warmly towards Old Bay these days, and not just for the usual reasons. I love the stuff, of course - I didn't grow up in a bubble inside Maryland - but now I also kind of love the people.
Here's what happened: I got an email the other day from Old Bay's PR people. They were announcing their holiday contest, which is open to Facebook fans (details below). I'm already a fan, so I knew about the contest, but I emailed back saying that of course I'd mention it on the blog. Why not?
I mentioned that I'd recently sent some Old Bay to Eve Martel, a blogger who lives in Montreal (I interviewed her a while back for Houzz) - I thought it might make a nice anecdote for the Old Bay crew. I also mentioned that I was planning to send some to my high school friend Bert, who's just been deployed and will be spending the next year in Afghanistan. Immediately, I heard back with a note saying that Old Bay would be happy to send my friend something themselves.
I know it's a little thing, but it does take time - and imagine how great Old Bay would smell in the middle of the very-far-away desert.
And that, my friends, is why I'm an even bigger fan of Old Bay today.
If you're not already a Facebook fan of Old Bay, you can become one by going here. And here are the details of their holiday contest:
Celebrate the Holi-Bays Contest:
November 19th through December 25th, Old Bay wants to hear from its Facebook fans* on how they use their favorite spice blend during the holidays - it could be whipping up an Old Bay recipe, sprinkling it on a holiday favorite, using it as a holiday decoration or giving it as a gift.
To enter the contest, post a photo showing how you zest up your holidays using Old Bay – (Entries are limited to one photo posting per week).
- Each post will be voted on by the amount of “likes” it receives from fellow Facebook fan members.
- The photo post with the most “likes” will receive an “Ultimate Holi-Bay Gift Basket” ($140 value) that includes:
- A $25 gift card, a steamer pot and fryer, tons of Old Bay products, 5 sample packs of Old Bay for you to share with friends and family, as well as some items for the ultimate Old Bay fan – branded t-shirts, cups, temporary tattoos, and an inner tube for sledding (or relaxing in the water for those who live in warm weather all year round)!
- One winner will be announced each week, starting the week of November 30th.
- We will mail out all gift baskets upon receiving each winner’s address information.