Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Ideabook Tuesday: Back to School

I left for college sometime around August 20, 1993. Sixteen full years ago this past summer - a whole person that can drive.

It's been a long time, but somehow the horrors of my freshman dorm room haven't faded. The furniture was bad - bad quality veneer in a really ugly brown color, crazily heavy (to make it that much easier to rearrange, and too big for the room, without actually providing enough storage space.

Unfortunately, my roommate-imposed decor was worse. I lived in an un-air-conditioned triple with one wanna-be drama chick who ended up honing her theatrical skills via medieval battle reenactments (the outfits were very strange) and another girl who's good cheer was so unrelenting it made me want to shoot something. I generally like people, but it was a trying year, and our Disney poster-covered walls didn't make it any better.

But at least my dorm room horror stories provided me with some recent inspiration:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails