Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Artsy Wednesday: Information Is Beautiful

Yesterday, my college friend Josh posted a Facebook link to this website, the aptly named Information Is Beautiful. Since I, obviously, agree with that sentiment, I couldn't resist spending some time browsing the site's amazing infographics, all created by its author, London-based designer (among other things), David McCandless.

This diagram, which shows the relative caffeine and caloric composition of a bunch of things, was the one food-related entry:
Somehow, the diagram neglects my primary source of caffeine buzz: Diet Coke. I wonder if DC consumption is less prominent in the UK than the US. I think that might be true.

McCandless describes himself as an "independent visual & data journalist." Otherwise known as my dream job. Honestly, I had no idea that there was actually a market for that particular job title, but now that I do know, I'm kind of excited.

Kind of excited, and on the verge of sending McCandless photos of the giant food/art/major events in history timeline in my basement, just to see what he says. But that would be creepy, right? Right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails