Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sweet, Sweet JBJ

Occasionally I post a link to something that even I, despite my impressive capacity for tenuous connection-creation, can't connect back to food. This is one such link.

Here's the short version: the blogger attempts to evaluate Jon Bon Jovi's claim to have "seen a million faces, and rocked them all." While I'm not sure his argument is completely sound, I'm a sucker for a) Venn diagrams and b) anything and everything Bon Jovi (and most of my friends can attest to this. The Bon Jovi part, at least.)

I mean, Bon Jovi's awesome. Everyone agrees with me, right?

Even if I didn't love Bon Jovi enough just on his own numerous merits, I will always have a soft spot in my heard for him thanks to the events of New Year's Eve, 1999-2000, when my friend Bill (note: high school friend Bill, not Jen/Maddy/Will/Bill) fell off a chair during a particularly rousing rendition of "Livin' on a Prayer." He got back up and kept going, even taking an unexplained late night stroll from Canton to Federal Hill. When he got up in the morning and his shoulder hurt, he got it checked out. He'd broken his collarbone, and didn't even notice. (He's fine now, so the story has a happy ending.)

Such is the power of the JBJ. Also, apparently, youth + alcohol.

Ooh. Booze. That might be the link back to food. Done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails