Thursday, June 25, 2009

Emails from My Brother's Fiancee

Cail has been busy recently, sending me things that are totally bloggable. Last night, after a trip to Joe's Market, she sent me this photo:

She didn't buy the cheese, which was probably a good call because if it's anything like the mango and ginger stilton I got from Trader Joe's a couple of years ago, it's dry and crumbly and the flavors are totally unbalanced. But it still makes for a nice blog photo.

This morning, Cail followed up with a link to a Slate excerpt of Mike Steinberger's new book, Au Revoir to All That: Food, Wine and the End of France. I love Steinberger's wine writing for Slate and the subject of the book - how France fell off the top of the culinary mountain - is outrageously appealing to me. Can't wait to read it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails