Friday, December 26, 2008

Old School Thursday: Friday Edition

Merry Christmas, just one day late. Since yesterday was a holiday, I completely forgot to write my usual “Old School Thursday” post. I don’t want to let it go, though, because it’s my last Thursday for the year! So please pretend it’s yesterday as you read the following:

In addition to being Christmas, today’s also National Pumpkin Pie Day. Does it seem like the lobbyists picked the wrong month for that one, or is it just me?

In historical news, today’s full of birthdays (and not just the obvious one). On December 25, 1642, Sir Isaac Newton, of apples and gravity fame (among other things), was born. Two hundred-odd years later, in 1887, famous hotelier and ancestor of annoying heiresses, Conrad Hilton was born. Plus, today is Jimmy Buffet’s 62nd birthday. Not only is he a restaurateur and purveyor of (I’m sure) fine frozen foods, he also, of course, wrote such food-related songs as Cheeseburger in Paradise and Margaritaville.

So…happy birthday, everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails