Friday, November 07, 2008

Dictionary Friday: Fun (aka Kit Writes for the Examiner.com)

fun
1. something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
2. enjoyment or playfulness: She's full of fun. –verb (used without object), verb (used with object)
3. Informal. joke; kid.–adjective
4. Informal. of or pertaining to fun, esp. to social fun: a fun thing to do; really a fun person.
5. Informal. whimsical: flamboyant: The fashions this year are definitely on the fun side.


Also: how I think of food. Oh, I guess that probably falls under the first definition (mirth or amusement). I like that they used a food-related activity to illustrate the concept.

Food and fun is also the subject of my new writing project. As of yesterday, I am writing a Baltimore-focused "food fun" blog for Examiner.com. Don't worry (and I know you were), I'm not abandoning Mango & Ginger - I'll still be posting here at least every weekday. But in addition, I'll write about four times a week over at the Examiner.

There might be a couple of shared posts here and there, and I'll probably post links to my Examiner posts on M&G, at least for a while. But for the most part, I'll still be writing about a general combination of food, art and whatever over here, and I'll write more specifically about entertaining and Baltimore over there.

So, good news for everybody who felt like they just didn't get enough Kit Pollard, right? Also, great news for my friends (Mike and Sarah G., I'm looking at you) who complain that they don't get enough column inches. Now I have twice as many places to not mention you enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's awesome! I will defo be checking it out. "Too much Kit Pollard?" No comprende... ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails