Monday, September 15, 2008

Trendy Monday: Fakery

Almost exactly a year ago, I wrote a post on wine counterfeiting, linking to a Slate article about the subject. At the time, I read a lot about the subject, but didn't post much on it, except to say that I would totally see a movie about any one of the wine counterfeiting scandals that were coming to light.

Apparently somebody in Hollywood agrees. Also, the F&W editorial staff have heeded my unspoken call, and they had Lettie Teague write a story about extremely high end wine counterfeiting. It's a good story - informative in terms of the actual news story and also entertaining. Plus, she counterfeits a wine of her own and tests it out on a group of her more connoisseury friends.

I'm glad this topic is getting more attention, and not just because it's (obviously) wrong. It's also that it's just so entertaining. France. Wine. Money. Scandal. Je l'aime.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails