Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quotable Tuesday: Bourdain News

Two Bourdain blog quotes that definitely make me happy:
For an upcoming DC show, author George Pelecanos’s superb Washington based novels--and his work on the greatest dramatic series EVER on television, “The Wire” formed a kind of center of gravity.

One of my favorite things about No Reservations is the never-ending creativity that goes into the graphic elements of the show. That kind of variation in look takes time...and it adds a lot. Also:

What else is coming up? And where?

It’s (finally) back to Vietnam. The Philippines.. The Azores. Thailand. Provence. Sardinia. And a Detroit/Buffalo/Baltimore hybrid show which (I hope) will pay low rent homage to Curtis Hansen, Vincent Gallo and John Waters respectively (There will NOT be a Pink Flamingos finale, however). Ethiopia (we hope) Cuba. (We hope) . Back to Beirut (eventually). And beyond.

Baltimore! And John Waters' Baltimore (not David Simon's)! Ohhh that makes me happy.

2 comments:

theminx said...

He had nerve coming to Baltimore without calling me. I suggested he come to Charm City a few years back, and added the only real reason to come here was John Waters.

Hmpfh.

Xani said...

Makes me happy too! Well, not sure why we have to be in a "hybrid" show but it's better than nothing...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails