Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Artsy Wednesday: Eliminating Art Crime, One Masters at a Time

I wrote a while back about the idea of lost possible selves - the act of mourning the choices you don't make for yourself. I probably mentioned it back then, but I'm very lucky to have a younger sister upon which I can foist my missed opportunities.

My latest "I want to live vicariously through you" push involves this Masters program in art crime (solving it, not committing it). I got an email about it last night, which I promptly sent along to Erin, who responded that she's really considering applying. The whole program takes place over the course of the summer (next summer will be the first session), so it wouldn't even interrupt her architecture school. And who doesn't want a second Masters? Plus, it's in Italy!

So I am, obviously, excited for my future trip to Italy.

Which is where the food comes in. Just think of the food!

5 comments:

theminx said...

Wow! That would be an amazing opportunity. I'd do it if I could.

Anonymous said...

I question Erin's detecting skills. Also, I don't think she ever even learned how to sneak out of the house; I'm finding it difficult to imagine her lurking around the shadowy streets of Prague thwarting cat burglars. Admittedly, though, that's probably only part of the job.

Kit Pollard said...

You make it sound like you and I were efficient at sneaking out. Also, you make it sound like we never got caught. We weren't, and we did.

I was imagining Erin more as a scholar/consultant than a beat cop. Until, of course, she gets embroiled in an international scandal and is forced to run through the rainy streets of Paris in very, very high heels to capture the theif AND clear her good name.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is seriously cool. I am already formulating how to ask my boss for a leave of absence. And I am totally picturing myself as Renee Russo in "The Thomas Crown Affair." I mean, it's not THAT much of a stretch, is it? ;)

Kit Pollard said...

Of course it's not a stretch.

Then again, I might not be the best person to ask. Right after I saw TTCA, I had my hair cut to look like Rene's...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails