Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Quotable Tuesday: Crabby

If Baltimoreans have a Holy Grail, I once said in a review, it would be the perfect crab house. - Elizabeth Large

It's Crab Week on the EL blog and, not surprisingly, everybody's full of opinions.

As for me, if I'm having crabs, I'd just rather not go out. I like my own crab cakes better than most restaurants, and the best crabs I've had in the past few years were ones that our friend Clancy caught in the Severn, then steamed at his parents' house.

When we go to the beach in a few weeks, we'll have crabs again. In true hunter-gatherer spirit, the boys will all go crabbing with Gary-Down-the-Boatyard (so named because that's how he introduces himself on the phone: "Hi, this is Gary-Down-the-Boatyard. Is Cooper there?"), then we'll steam the crabs back at home. It's a perfect end-of-vacation dinner.

I am so ready to go to the beach.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails