Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Robot Cocktails Update (also Quotable)

Discovery/TMZ Doug sends me this link, reminding me that "it's the 21st century" and there are, in fact, cocktail-serving robots.

I'm a gigantic dork, so of course I think Roboexotica, as the event is called, sounds completely cool, but I'll also readily admit that it's just the mixology version of Battlebots. As I said to Doug, clearly the participants were key members of their high school Olympics (sorry, Odyssey) of the Mind teams.

Anyway, what I'm looking for is something a little more polished and versatile, and also something that will actually carry me a drink, or just pour me a glass of wine or get me a beer from the fridge. Bartender Rosie. Is that so much to ask?

P.S. "It's the 21st century" is my quote today, solely because I'm feeling too lazy to hunt another one up. I read something last night about the evolution of food language, but I don't feel like running upstairs right now to find the book, so I'll save that for next week...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails