Monday, April 21, 2008

Trendy Monday (and Want!): Factory Circle by Tiaki Murata


I've written before about the onslaught of crazy, cool, totally unnecessary stuff that comes out of Japan. This is not one of those things. This is totally necessary.

I first saw the Factory Circle a month or so ago, and since then, it's been everywhere I turn. Just last night, I was flipping through the April issue of Dwell (which arrived after the May issue - weird, right?) and, lo and behold, there it was. Then, this morning, I get an email about this crazy, cool, totally unecessary website full of Japanese stuff and what's on the first page? That's right. The Factory Circle. It's calling to me.

I'm not going to buy it, actually, even though I think it would look absolutely perfect on my dining room table. But I also doubt my own ability to take care of it. And there's something decidedly un-Zen about a circle full of dead brown grass sitting in the middle of a dining room table.

But in theory, so pretty, right?

4 comments:

strawberriesinparis said...

this circle of grass? yields serenity or something of the like? :-)

or just that fresh spring smell

Kit Pollard said...

That's the thing. I think it's only serene when it's pretty and green and spring-smelling.

Which, unfortunately, is probably NOT how it would actually end up in my house.

Meghan said...

This is neato!

I love your blog!

Kit Pollard said...

Thanks! I like yours too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails