Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Women and Winemaking

At the Epicurious blog, Natalie MacLean poses an interesting question: are women winemakers inherently different than their male counterparts?

As I said in the comments:

one of the more interesting papers I wrote in college (long ago) was a review of a history book about women in foreign policy. The main thing I remember about the book was that, in most cases, women in foreign policy seemed to have more in common with "foreign policy people" than they did with "women in general".

I'd guess the same is true for women who go into winemaking (or maybe every profession that's a calling). The calling trumps the gender, or ethnicity, or any of those other demographics.


I'm looking forward to the follow-up...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails