Monday, October 28, 2013

Trendy: Meatloaf

It's on all the cool menus lately - have you noticed?

Actually, it's a natural extension of the elevated comfort food trend, which really seems less like a trend and more like a part of a long-standing American tradition. Either way, meatloaf is the new fried chicken.

Except...I don't know that I like meatloaf. My mom made it when I was a kid and I didn't love it. That's not her fault or a knock on her cooking skills - it's just not my thing. And honestly, I probably won't waste a restaurant order trying to figure out if my tastes have changed.

But for the millions of Americans who like it, these are meaty days, indeed.

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

Um, I have always loved meatloaf (my mother's version, anyway), and am the kind of person who will order it in a restaurant. I haven't noticed a resurgence in its popularity, but I will certainly keep an eye out. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails