Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cook the Magazine: Bruschetta with Fresh Mozzarella and Smashed Favas (Food and Wine September 2011)

Last week at the market, Steve the Produce Guy told me that
fava beans have been great this season.

I'd never cooked with fresh favas -
I'm not even sure if I'd ever had them until yesterday -
so I didn't buy any right away.
But when I saw a link to this simple 
I decided to pick some up.

I'm so glad I did, too. I don't normally make appetizers on weeknights,
but last night was an exception.
As it turns out, our brother-in-law, Seth,
stopped by just before dinner, so the timing was great.

The bruschetta was also great - and pretty:


Everything was super easy to make (except the shelling of the favas, which was a pain).
And the flavor was fantastic - creamy mozzarella, lemony fava beans,
crisp mint, plus a drizzle of balsamic for acid.

I'd make it again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails